Now that the semester has started and things have begun to settle down, we wanted to take a minute to welcome you back to campus! OU IT was busy this summer rolling out new services and upgrading existing ones. A few of our favorite summer projects are outlined below.
- OU IT is continually working to upgrade classroom technology on campus. Earlier this summer, Chris Kobza wrote a blog post about this summer’s classroom renovations. We have also placed flyers with information on using classroom technology in each classroom we manage. If you’d like to download a digital copy, please click here.
- Desire2Learn was upgraded to a new version in July. This enabled some new features including the ability to export final grades to oZONE, to subscribe to a feed that allows events to be viewed outside of D2L and to view certain dropbox submission file types directly in your browser.
- Microsoft Software is now FREE for students. Please encourage your classes to download this software legally. Students can visit downloads.ou.edu to download.
- A new cloud printing pilot has arrived on campus. WEPA printers allow students to upload documents from home and print to any WEPA kiosk on campus. Currently, we have placed kiosks in Walker, Dale Hall and the first floor of Bizzell library. For more information, visit wepa.ou.edu.
- Many new articles have been added to IT Answers, including information on the D2L summer upgrade, WEPA information and more!
Plus, we’re always available 24/7 at 405-325-HELP to answer all your technology questions.
We hope to see you at the iTunes U presentation on September 19th or at the Library on September 24th as we welcome Dean Luce to campus! Invites to the library event will be sent out soon.