Desire2Learn Binder is a free tablet application that allows users to offline D2L course content to their tablet and take full control over the organization and annotation of these course documents. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the things you can accomplish with Binder:
- Fetch Documents: You can retrieve documents from your D2L courses, Dropbox.com, and Skydrive for offline access!
- Annotate Documents: An interactive annotation wheel allows you to highlight, take text notes, strikeout and highlight text, and create freehand notes.
- Status Icons: New items are visibly marked, and you can star items as favorites.
- Stay Organized: Add custom tags to documents and search through text, bookmarks, and annotations.
- Decrease Printing: Save money and help the environment by loading documents in the Binder app instead of printing them out!
GETTING STARTED WITH BINDER:
- In order to initially log in, you’ll need to click here to create an EduDentity account with Desire2Learn (or you can login with Facebook).
- You can then obtain Desire2Learn Binder as a free download via the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Windows Store.
- Once you’re logged in to the Binder application with your new EduDentity account, you will then need to add OU D2L (http://learn.ou.edu) as a connection, and then authenticate with your standard OUNetID (4×4) and password.
- Once you’re setup, be sure to visit the Desire2Learn Binder community page to provide feedback or request features!
In course content you will now see a button that says “Send to Binder” when viewing certain items. You can click this to send the particular content item to the Binder app for your access! Don’t forget to visit the upgrade page for more information about the changes.[symple_button url=”http://goo.gl/VspgQl” color=”grey” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download for Android[/symple_button] [symple_button url=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/desire2learn-binder/id561135998″ color=”grey” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download for iPad[/symple_button] [symple_button url=”http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/binder/e61223bc-ed45-4b7d-84d5-ec8ad99fbe7d” color=”grey” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download for Windows 8[/symple_button]